Friday, September 15, 2017

How to Identify Your Emotional Triggers (and More)

"Perfectionism doesn't make you feel perfect. It makes you feel inadequate." ~Maria Shriver Like many of us, I spent a big part of growing up feeling like I wasn't enough. I was quite a studious kid, and this coupled with … The post Quit Trying ...
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Tired of feeling stuck? Learn to let go of the past and create a life you love with the Tiny Buddha course!


Quit Trying to Be Perfect (You Already Are)

“Perfectionism doesn’t make you feel perfect. It makes you feel inadequate.” ~Maria Shriver

Like many of us, I spent a big part of growing up feeling like I wasn't enough. I was quite a studious kid, and this coupled with being terrible at sports and also quite chubby meant I...

Read more... »

     




How Expectations Can Drive People Away and How to Let Go of Control

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine." ~Bruce Lee

About five years ago, I had a falling out with a close friend. I was irritated because she didn't do the things I thought she should and she didn't give as much as I...

Read more... »

     




License to Hurt: What We Really Need When We're in Pain

"We'll light the candle together when she's ready. For now I'll trust the darkness for us both." ~Terri St. Cloud

Over breakfast one morning recently, Jeff and I started reminiscing about past years, and something was said that brought back a painful memory for me. My boss at the time had...

Read more... »

     




Why I Forgave My Father and How It Set Me Free

"There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love." ~Bryant H. McGill

The day I chose to forgive was the day I became free

It happened on an ordinary weekday. It was just another ride on a crowded train. It’s been years since it happened, yet I can still...

Read more... »

     




Healing Low Self-Esteem: Failing Doesn't Make You a Failure

"Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” ~Zig Ziglar

Take a second and imagine little you: running around like the little ragamuffin you were. Imagine as far back as you can—back when you were first able to comprehend feedback from parents, teachers, or whatever other...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles





Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: