Friday, September 29, 2017

How to Decide Whose Opinion Matters (and More)

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change." ~Carl Rogers When was the last time you stopped trying to improve something about yourself or your life? I've spent a lot of … The post Drop Self-Improvement and ...
Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Tired of feeling stuck? Learn to let go of the past and create a life you love with the Tiny Buddha course!


Drop Self-Improvement and Embrace Self-Compassion

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change." ~Carl Rogers

When was the last time you stopped trying to improve something about yourself or your life?

I've spent a lot of my life chasing goals. I guess it goes with the territory as a cancer survivor who...

Read more... »

     




Why I Keep My Heart Open Even Though I’ve Been Deceived

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you'll live in torment if you don't trust enough." ~Frank Crane

I'm heading home with a latte in hand, listening to This American Life through my headphones when a woman sitting on a bench outside the café waves me down. She looks like...

Read more... »

     




What Kept Me Stuck on My Ex and How I’m Breaking the Addiction

"When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you." ~Unknown

I might be addicted to feeling good. I'm no stranger to pleasure, and I want what I want unapologetically. But there's a conflict that arises when one of the things I want is distracting me...

Read more... »

     




How to Prevent Blame and Criticism from Destroying Your Relationship

"Who is it that’s unhappy? The one who finds fault." ~Anonymous

If you are anything like me, you yearn to know in your bones that you are showing up in your primary relationship as your best self. You want to be loving, kind, and supportive (and to reap the gifts those qualities sow in...

Read more... »

     




3 Ways to Decide Whose Opinion of You Matters

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~Coco Chanel

"You know, Joui, I really like how you look tonight. I always thought your style before was… just a little wacky," smiled Harry, a man I'd met during a forced networking meeting. He then smirked knowingly,...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles





Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: