Friday, November 24, 2017

Why presence is the best gift you can give (and more)

"Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation." ~Roberto Assagioli When I was a little girl, I used to wonder what my father was like. Was he a nice man? What did he look like? … The post Sometimes People ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Are you living in the past? Take a 5-minute quiz to get unstuck!


Sometimes People Don't Say Sorry—Why It Pays to Forgive Nonetheless

"Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation." ~Roberto Assagioli

When I was a little girl, I used to wonder what my father was like. Was he a nice man? What did he look like? Did he think about me? Did he love me?

But, above all I wondered ...

Read more... »

     




20 Inspiring Gratitude Quotes and Tiny Buddha's Gratitude Journal Giveaway

Hi friends! Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate.

I'm so grateful to all of you who share your experiences and insights on the blog, and to those who you who give your time and energy to help others in the comments and community forums. I am endlessly inspired by your openness, your...

Read more... »

     




Put Down Your Phone: Why Presence Is the Best Gift You'll Ever Give

“When you love someone, the best thing you can offer is your presence. How can you love if you are not there?” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

The only thing worse than not listening to someone is pretending to listen.

Giving the vague murmur of agreement, or a quick nod to communicate "Yes, I'm...

Read more... »

     




Cultivating Beginner's Mind: Adventure Lies Outside Your Comfort Zone

"The don't-know mind… doesn't fear, has no wish to control or foresee, steps off the cliff of the moment with absolute trust that the next step will land somewhere, and the next step somewhere else, and the feet will take us wherever we need to go." ~Byron Katie

I am fifty-five years old....

Read more... »

     




How Surfing Helped Me Turn Fear and Anxiety into Confidence

"If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~Dale Carnegie

Not too long ago I went through an extremely chaotic and emotional two-week period. Anything that could go wrong or be difficult did and was. I thought it would never end.

When it began, the...

Read more... »

     




How to Enjoy the Holidays When Grieving the Loss of a Loved One

This post contains an excerpt from GETTING GRIEF RIGHT: Finding Your Story of Love in the Sorrow of Loss, by Patrick O'Malley, PhD with Tim Madigan.

It was spring 1980 when my wife, Nancy, and I received some of the best news of our lives—she was pregnant with our first child.

On a Tuesday...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: