Friday, November 17, 2017

What matters most is who you are now (and more)

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." ~Theodore Roosevelt I could not find the bottom of the pool. The task seemed simple enough: Wearing no more than twenty pounds worth of gear, swim to the bottom of an eight-foot pool, … The post Train ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Are you living in the past? Take a 5-minute quiz to get unstuck!


Train Your Mind: Overcoming Negative Thoughts Is Half the Battle

"Believe you can and you're halfway there." ~Theodore Roosevelt

I could not find the bottom of the pool.

The task seemed simple enough: Wearing no more than twenty pounds worth of gear, swim to the bottom of an eight-foot pool, remove your gear, and swim back up.

My feet combed for...

Read more... »

     




Why I Was Addicted to Attention, Lies, and Drama

I've done a lot of things for attention that I'm not proud of. I've created drama. I've bragged. I've exaggerated. I've hurt people. I've hurt myself. I've lied and lied and lied.

No one wants to be labeled as an "attention seeker." When people say, "She's just doing it for...

Read more... »

     




How Creativity Heals Us and Why It's a Gift to the World

"Creativity is the way I share my soul with the world." ~Brené Brown

I wrote a poem today for the woman I love(d).

Just a few weeks ago, I fully believed she was the one I'd be with forever. Love forever. My heart was open so deep and wide to her. We talked about marriage and living together...

Read more... »

     




Making the Hurt Visible: How I Healed from Abuse and Learned to Listen to Myself

"Ignoring isn't the same as ignorance, you have to work at it." ~Margaret Atwood, The Handmaid's Tale

We've just passed the year anniversary of an event that has greatly changed our country. The shock of the election results last year sent waves of powerful emotions rippling through our...

Read more... »

     




Limited Edition Tiny Buddha "Be the Change" Shirts

Hi friends! Earlier this week I sent an email about the limited edition "Be the Change" shirts, which will be available until November 20th.

For those of you who missed that email, here's a quick recap:

I launched this campaign both to time with the holidays and also to fund a series of mini...

Read more... »

     




Leave the Past in the Past: What Matters Most Is Who You Are Now

"Focus on what matters and let go of what doesn't." ~Unknown

When I was in rehab for alcohol addiction, one of the most difficult things for any of us to overcome was the fact that we thought we were beyond redemption.

Why? Because during the depths of our addiction, we had done some things...

Read more... »

     




Seeing Rejection As Redirection: What We Gain When We Lose

"Every time I thought I was being rejected from something good, I was actually being re-directed to something better." ~Steve Maraboli

Rejection hurts. Whether it is from family, friends, co-workers, or a new company, when we experience rejection it hits us right in the heart—the control...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: