Friday, February 16, 2018

How to stop the war in your head (and more)

"Love is not what you say. Love is what you do." ~Unknown I used to think that true love should be passionate and intense. When someone broke up with me or treated me poorly, I'd imagine that he really didn't … The post Why I've Upgraded to ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Are you living in the past? Take a 5-minute quiz to get unstuck!


Why I've Upgraded to a Drama-Free Relationship

"Love is not what you say. Love is what you do." ~Unknown

I used to think that true love should be passionate and intense. When someone broke up with me or treated me poorly, I'd imagine that he really didn't mean it. Surely he was really a good person and truly loved me, but was just...

Read more... »

     




Why Trying to Feel Good Can Make You Feel Bad

"The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." ~Paulo Coelho

We're bombarded by images of people living apparently perfect lives. They suffer no bereavements or breakups or losses or failures. They look perfect, make perfect choices, and act perfect.

...

Read more... »

     




How to Stop the War in Your Head and Find Peace

"A mind at peace does not engender wars." ~Sophocles

There's a classic Buddhist story about two monks who come upon a woman at the edge of a river. One of the monks carries her across and they continue on their way. Several miles on, the other monk turns to the first and says, "How could...

Read more... »

     




Radical Acceptance with Tara Brach: If You're Hard on Yourself, Read On

Have you ever thought, "Something's wrong with me"? I suspect we all have at one time or another.

We've thought we're too quiet, too loud, too eager, too lazy, too sensitive, too dramatic, or generally not good enough.

And social media doesn't help much. Every time we log on to Facebook...

Read more... »

     




The Difference Between Letting Go and Running Away

"It's about our ability to leave our death on the battlefield of life. Or having the strength and courage to give them our love and to bring them back." ~Edward Frenkel

It took me almost twenty years to realize that running away from ourselves isn't the same as letting go. That realization,...

Read more... »

     




Breaking the Cycle: Why and How I Stopped Binge Drinking

"Good habits are hard to form and easy to live with. Bad habits are easy to form and hard to live with. Pay attention. Be aware. If we don't consciously form good ones, we will unconsciously form bad ones." ~Mark Matteson

I am an extreme person. I have always done things at 100 percent. I...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: