Friday, February 23, 2018

10 powerful ways to practice self-love (and more)

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better." ~Maya Angelou Sunlight shone through the living room window. A lazy Sunday afternoon. I lounged on the couch reading a book with my dog … The post The One ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Are you living in the past? Take a 5-minute quiz to get unstuck!


The One Realization That Helped Me Forgive Myself and My Father

"Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."
~Maya Angelou

Sunlight shone through the living room window. A lazy Sunday afternoon. I lounged on the couch reading a book with my dog cuddled at my feet. My love had just set out to purchase a new set of...

Read more... »

     




Be Good to Yourself: 10 Powerful Ways to Practice Self-Love

"Self-love, self-respect, self-worth: There's a reason they all start with 'self.' You can't find them in anyone else." ~Unknown

It was one of those nights.

I was in a busy New York bar, having fun and enjoying myself. That was, until someone asked me: "So, what do you do?"

...

Read more... »

     




How I Got My Spark for Life Back: 5 Practices for Healing and Happiness

"Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free." ~Robert Tew

In 2014, I was drowning in unhappiness. I had moved to Palestine five years earlier, later met my husband, and decided to remain in one of the most conflicted countries in the world.

There I...

Read more... »

     




5 Ways to Calm Your Mind When You’re Exhausted (Without Meditation)

“Calm your mind. Life becomes much easier when you keep your mind at peace.” ~Unknown

Let me start with a confession.

If I'm honest with you, even just writing these words actually makes me feel kind of uncomfortable.

But I'm going to say it because it's true, and some of you...

Read more... »

     




Letting Go of the Victim Label: The Past Will Not Define Me

TRIGGER WARNING: This post deals with an account of domestic violence and sexual abuse, and may be triggering to some people.

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~Unknown

It wasn't long ago that I lived my life as a professional victim.

...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: