Friday, January 25, 2019

How I overcame childhood emotional neglect (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on anxiety, weight loss, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
How I Overcame Childhood Emotional Neglect and Learned to Meet My Needs

"In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it." ~Mitch Albom

"Your feelings are valid," said my life coach during one of our sessions, as …

The post How I Overcame Childhood Emotional Neglect and Learned to Meet My Needs appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Let's Get Real: Why I'm Done Pretending to Have It All Together

"If you're not really happy, don't fake a smile on my behalf. I'd rather you spill your guts with tears every day until your smile is real. Because I don't care about the show, the disguise, the politically correctness. If

The post Let's Get Real: Why I'm Done Pretending to Have It All Together appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Trying to Lose Weight

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~Buddha

I struggled to maintain a healthy weight for a large part of my life.

Had I known these five things before my weight-loss journey, …

The post 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Trying to Lose Weight appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why I've Decided to Accept Myself Instead of Trying to 'Fix' Myself

"No amount of self-improvement can make up for any lack of self-acceptance." ~Robert Holden

In our culture, we are constantly bombarded with the newest and best things to improve ourselves and/or our quality of life. Unfortunately, this leads to the …

The post Why I've Decided to Accept Myself Instead of Trying to 'Fix' Myself appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Going Offline for 10 Days Healed My Anxiety

"Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a while, including you." ~Anne Lamott

I wake up anxious a little past 4am. My heart is beating faster than usual, and I'm aware of an unsettled feeling, like life-crushing …

The post How Going Offline for 10 Days Healed My Anxiety appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: