Friday, January 4, 2019

9 tips for people-pleasers (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on boundaries, the healing power of nature, and more.
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
The Healing Power of Nature: How Walking in the Rain Saved My Life

"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking." ~Nietzsche

A recent study by the National Academy of Sciences found that a ninety-minute walk in nature slows our worried, troublesome thoughts about ourselves and our lives. Even better, it reduces …

The post The Healing Power of Nature: How Walking in the Rain Saved My Life appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

It's Not Either/Or: The Power of Opening Your Mind and Seeing Both Sides

"Compassionate listening is to help the other side suffer less." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

In late 2017 my husband and I were both getting ready for work one morning when I casually said, "Hey, I think I'm going to start teaching …

The post It's Not Either/Or: The Power of Opening Your Mind and Seeing Both Sides appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

What Expecting to Die Young Taught Me About Living a Happy Life

"I've come to trust not that events will always unfold exactly as I want, but that I will be fine either way. The challenges we face in life are always lessons that serve our soul's growth." ~ Marianne Williamson

At …

The post What Expecting to Die Young Taught Me About Living a Happy Life appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Adapting to Feeling Unseen: How I'm Navigating a World That Overlooks the Aging

Older
Beautiful inside and out—
Invisible

I gave a little start when those words flashed onto the screen during a presentation by the poet Elizabeth Bradfield. Liz was in the process of describing six-word memoirs, modeled on Hemingway's heartbreaking story …

The post Adapting to Feeling Unseen: How I'm Navigating a World That Overlooks the Aging appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Set Better Boundaries: 9 Tips for People-Pleasers

"Boundaries are a part of self-care. They are healthy, normal, and necessary." ~Doreen Virtue

I still have the journal entry that sparked my journey into boundary-setting. It says, in striking black pen, "I wish I could speak my truth. If …

The post How to Set Better Boundaries: 9 Tips for People-Pleasers appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: