Friday, November 9, 2018

How to feel more in control when life gets overwhelming (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on control, anxiety, grief, sensitivity, and more
 
 
 
How to Honor Your Sensitivity (Because It's Actually a Strength)

"The opposite of sensitive is not 'tough.' It's insensitive. Sensitivity is a gift. Let's nurture it, not squash it." ~Glennon Doyle

I would run no matter how much snow and ice there was, no matter how tired I was or …

The post How to Honor Your Sensitivity (Because It's Actually a Strength) appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Moving Through Grief: I'm Strong Because I Feel It All

"Grief is the last act of love we have to give to those we loved. Where there is deep grief, there was great love." ~Unknown

It's been almost six months now. Half of a year without my brother and the …

The post Moving Through Grief: I'm Strong Because I Feel It All appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Observing My Emotions Helps Me Let Go of Anger and Anxiety

"Even when in the midst of disturbance, the stillness of the mind can offer sanctuary." ~Stephen Richards

One night my four-year-old daughter woke up crying, startling both me and my husband from sleep. He rushed into her room and …

The post How Observing My Emotions Helps Me Let Go of Anger and Anxiety appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why Moving Didn't Solve Any of My Problems

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." ~Neil Gaiman

When I had the chance to relocate to Vancouver some years ago, the opportunity also came with the distinct need to try something new and leave my comfort zone. To …

The post Why Moving Didn't Solve Any of My Problems appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Feel More in Control When Life Gets Overwhelming

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." ~Confucius

I'm in the middle of a career transition and it hasn't been easy. For the first few months after quitting my …

The post How to Feel More in Control When Life Gets Overwhelming appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: