Friday, September 7, 2018

How to be present and peaceful when you can't stop thinking (and more)

 
 
 
Our Shame Does Not Have to Silence Us Unless We Let It

"Empathy's the antidote to shame. The two most powerful words when we're in struggle: me too." ~ Brené Brown

There is so much power in giving yourself a voice; in choosing to use that voice for truth; in giving life …

The post Our Shame Does Not Have to Silence Us Unless We Let It appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

3 Tips for Anyone Who's Tired of Trying to Make New Habits Stick

"If you have a bad day, remember that tomorrow is a wonderful gift and a new chance to try again." ~Bryant McGill

As I crawled back into bed after hitting the snooze button, my eyes heavy with sleep, I told …

The post 3 Tips for Anyone Who's Tired of Trying to Make New Habits Stick appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why Social Media and My Addictive Personality Don't Mesh

Twitter didn't give me the flu or bronchitis, but it made me sick. Unhealthy. Ill-feeling. And it could have been any social media platform that did it, I just happened to have chosen Twitter.

For years I avoided creating any …

The post Why Social Media and My Addictive Personality Don't Mesh appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Failure Holds the Key to a Meaningful, Successful Life

"Perfectionism doesn't believe in practice shots." ~Julia Cameron

Within each of us lurks a perfectionist. And perfectionists set themselves up for a lot of pain in life.

How so? I'll come to that.

First let me describe how our first …

The post How Failure Holds the Key to a Meaningful, Successful Life appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Be Present and Peaceful When You Can't Stop Thinking

"Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them." ~Eckhart Tolle

When I first started practicing Zen (or presence), I used to believe I could become completely thoughtless. Making my bed, no-thought. Washing my hands, no-thought. Walking …

The post How to Be Present and Peaceful When You Can't Stop Thinking appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: