Friday, May 18, 2018

Change can be scary, but it's worth it (and more)

"You will never speak to anyone more than you speak to yourself in your head. Be kind to yourself." ~Unknown Talking to ourselves in a nurturing way can be a challenge if we rarely heard nurturing words in the early … The post The Art of Nurturing ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


The Art of Nurturing Self-Talk: How to Tell Yourself What You Need to Hear

“You will never speak to anyone more than you speak to yourself in your head. Be kind to yourself.” ~Unknown

Talking to ourselves in a nurturing way can be a challenge if we rarely heard nurturing words in the early formative years of our lives. In fact, if we were often criticized or...

Read more... »

     




5 Journal Prompts to Help You Let Go of Anxiety and Find Peace

"You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you." ~Dan Millman

There was a time when my mind was completely consumed by worries, and I lived in a perpetual state of panic.

I worried about things I'd said and whether people were judging me, things I ...

Read more... »

     




How I Healed My Strained Relationship with My Mother

"Give without remembering. Receive without forgetting." ~Unknown

It was Sunday, April 12, 2015. I had just finished my grocery shopping and was about to leave the parking lot when I noticed a call from my dad.

I called him back so we could talk for a few minutes. He said, "Troy died." I...

Read more... »

     




I've Learned That I Deserve…

When I was growing up, my parents never spoke to me about what I "deserved." They spoke to me a lot about what was "expected." They were very clear about that.

They expected me to be tough, hard-working, well-read, and smart. They expected me to help others, especially those struggling on...

Read more... »

     




6 Powerful Steps to Stop Binge Eating for Good

"As long as you are breathing, there is more right with you than wrong with you, no matter how ill or how despairing you may be feeling in a given moment." ~Jon Kabat-Zinn

Binge eating is hard. For me, winter time has always been hardest.

The winter of 2011 was particularly bad. It was then...

Read more... »

     




Walking Through Fire: Change Can Be Scary, But It's Worth It

"What matters most is how well you walk through the fire." ~Charles Bukowski

I used to be scared to walk through the fire.

I was scared to do deeply unsettling, terrifying, hard things.

I was scared to face my biggest fears and struggles head on.

And for the greater part of my twenties, I did...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: