Friday, March 23, 2018

What heals the wounds of rejection (and more)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." ~Unknown I've always believed in the benefits of having a healthy, strong body. I admit, as a young adult my … The post What to Do If You're ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


What to Do If You're Not Passionate About Anything

“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” ~Unknown

I've always believed in the benefits of having a healthy, strong body.

I admit, as a young adult my healthiness was driven predominantly by fear. Fear of being fat. Fear of...

Read more... »

     




The Healing Power of Compassion: I See You, I Hear You, I Feel You

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." ~Dalai Lama.

It wasn't until my mother died that I was able to feel her love and have that mother-daughter relationship that I'd been craving all my life. It was not until she died that I was able to...

Read more... »

     




How I Transformed My Anxiety and What to Do If You Feel Emotionally Stuck

"There is still vitality under the snow, even though to the casual eye it seems to be dead." ~Agnes Sligh Turnbull

For as long as I can recall, I have always been a fretful and anxious person. Mine was a low-key anxiety that's always colored the background of my life, a constant companion of...

Read more... »

     




Take Back Your Power: Let Go of Blame and Focus on the Lesson

"When you blame others, you give up your power to change." ~Robert Anthony

Blame is seductive because it makes us right and them wrong. For a moment, it feels good to say, "It was their fault," but in the long run holding on to blame only hurts us and does absolutely nothing to help our...

Read more... »

     




The Wounds of Rejection Heal With Self-Love and Self-Awareness

"There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore." ~Laurie Halse Anderson

It began in elementary school. I was a chubby immigrant with a thick accent and hand-me-down clothes. I...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: