Friday, March 9, 2018

Move your body, calm your mind (and more)

"Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." ~Unknown I knew it was coming. But as I sat there on the first day of the seminar, my stomach still did a little turn when the trainer announced … The post What's Helped Me Get Out ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Are you living in the past? Take a 5-minute quiz to get unstuck!


What's Helped Me Get Out of My Head and Do Things That Scare Me

"Don't let the fear of what could happen make nothing happen." ~Unknown

I knew it was coming.

But as I sat there on the first day of the seminar, my stomach still did a little turn when the trainer announced the exercise we'd be doing over our lunch break:

The dreaded pizza walk!

I...

Read more... »

     




Life Is Fragile: Make Time for What Matters and Let Go of What Doesn't

"Life is precious as it is. All the elements for your happiness are already here. There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle. Just be." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

I lost one of my very best friends when we were both just twenty-nine years old. In the time since, I've thought about him on most...

Read more... »

     




How to Stop Feeling Lonely and Escape the Emotional Eating Cycle

“When you no longer believe that eating will save your life when you feel exhausted or overwhelmed or lonely, you will stop. When you believe in yourself more than you believe in food, you will stop using food as if it were your only chance at not falling apart." ~Geneen Roth

I used to eat...

Read more... »

     




The Antidote to Shame: I Am Enough

"You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody." ~Maya Angelou

I grew up with a father who was an addict. When I was fourteen my dad hit rock bottom and lost a job with a six-figure salary, my parents separated, my dad went to rehab for alcoholism and sex addiction, and I...

Read more... »

     




Move Your Body, Calm Your Mind: 5 Practices That Help Ease Anxiety

“Get out of your head and get into your body. Think less and feel more.” ~Osho

Do you want to meditate but the idea of sitting with your thoughts for twenty minutes gives you anxiety? Or maybe meditation seems like one more task you have to add to your ever growing to-do list, so you...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: