Friday, May 10, 2019

How I forgave myself for doing things I wasn't proud of (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on self-forgiveness, trying new things, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
When You Can't Take Away Their Pain: Just Being There Is Enough

"Just being there for someone can sometimes bring hope when all else feels hopeless." ~Dave G. Llewellyn

Parents, if I were to ask you what your worst nightmare is, what would you say?

I daresay it probably falls somewhere under …

The post When You Can't Take Away Their Pain: Just Being There Is Enough appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How I Lost 30 Pounds by Meditating (and All the Things I Gained)

"Clear your mind. Your heart is trying to tell you something." ~Unknown

I recently lost thirty-plus pounds without trying or intending to. I remember excitedly sharing this news on social media one day, after stepping on a scale in my …

The post How I Lost 30 Pounds by Meditating (and All the Things I Gained) appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

What I Did to Survive: Not Proud but I Forgive Myself

"Forgive yourself for not knowing better at the time. Forgive yourself for giving away your power. Forgive yourself for past behaviors. Forgive yourself for the survival patterns and traits you picked up while enduring trauma. Forgive yourself for being who

The post What I Did to Survive: Not Proud but I Forgive Myself appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Be Like a Tree: Still, Strong, and Uniquely Beautiful

"This oak tree and me, we're made of the same stuff." ~Carl Sagan

I was hugging trees long before it was cool.

Recent research suggests that spending time in nature can reduce your blood pressure, heart rate, and stress level, …

The post How to Be Like a Tree: Still, Strong, and Uniquely Beautiful appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Keep Going When You're Not Good at Something New

I believe the people who are the most satisfied in life are those who feel the most alive.

We generally feel most alive when we propel ourselves out of our comfort zone and seize new possibilities for meaning, excitement, and …

The post How to Keep Going When You're Not Good at Something New appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: