Friday, March 22, 2019

How to open up to friendships (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on friendship, exes, accepting praise, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
Why Compliments Made Me Cringe and How I've Learned to Accept Praise

"Even when the sea is stirred up by the winds of self-doubt, we can find our way home." ~Tara Brach

What is it about praise that's so hard to hear sometimes?

You know the drill. You do something noteworthy, like …

The post Why Compliments Made Me Cringe and How I've Learned to Accept Praise appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Before You Send That Message to Your Ex, Consider This

"If the hurt comes so will the happiness. Be patient." ~Rupi Kaur

What if I said instead of messaging our ex, we had a different choice, a choice that will be even more fulfilling than acting on the urge …

The post Before You Send That Message to Your Ex, Consider This appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Embracing and Loving My "Negative" Emotions Helped Heal My Pain

"Do not fight against pain; do not fight against irritation or jealousy. Embrace them with great tenderness, as though you were embracing a little baby. Your anger is yourself, and you should not be violent toward it. The same thing

The post How Embracing and Loving My "Negative" Emotions Helped Heal My Pain appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why We Close Ourselves Off to Friendships and How to Open Up

"If you accept a limiting belief, then it will become a truth for you." ~Louise Hay

Picking the flimsy gold lock on my groovy denim-covered childhood diary, I'm instantly transported back to my ten-year-old life.

Each page duly describes what …

The post Why We Close Ourselves Off to Friendships and How to Open Up appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: