Friday, December 14, 2018

Why I'm choosing happiness before success (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on happiness, enthusiasm, and more
 
 
 
Your Enthusiasm is Contagious, So Share Your Passion Loud and Proud

"Enthusiasm is the electricity of life." ~Gordon Parks

Have you ever noticed how powerful enthusiasm is? It can be contagious.

If a friend or someone around us is enthusiastic there's a certain energy or presence that shines from them that …

The post Your Enthusiasm is Contagious, So Share Your Passion Loud and Proud appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why I'm Choosing Happiness Before Success

"The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves." ~Alan Watts

The post Why I'm Choosing Happiness Before Success appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Grief Isn't Something You Live Through, It's Something You Live With

"Obstacles do not block the path, they are the path." ~Zen proverb

I thought the concept of a "cold sweat" was unreal and paradoxical until the evening of August 27, 2014. That was my first cold sweat. My first of …

The post Grief Isn't Something You Live Through, It's Something You Live With appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Introducing Backpack Buddha: Meditation Tools and Spiritual Gifts

Hi friends! Since we're well into December now, I imagine many of you may be either starting or rounding out your holiday shopping. If you're not yet familiar with Backpack Buddha, I highly recommend checking them out!

What I …

The post Introducing Backpack Buddha: Meditation Tools and Spiritual Gifts appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Stop Rescuing Other People as a Way to Feel Good About Yourself

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." ~Jack Kornfield

It seemed like the natural thing to do.

A middle-aged man had dropped his keys near me. I jumped up, hopped over, picked the keys up, and gave …

The post How to Stop Rescuing Other People as a Way to Feel Good About Yourself appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: