Friday, December 21, 2018

A way to make life less painful (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on anxiety, self-acceptance, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
How to Tackle Fear and Anxiety Cognitively, Behaviorally, and Spiritually

"The beautiful thing about fear is that when you run to it, it runs away." ~Robin Sharma

During my first-grade choir concert, my classmate, Meg, fainted from the top row of the bleachers, and in a subconscious gesture of empathy, …

The post How to Tackle Fear and Anxiety Cognitively, Behaviorally, and Spiritually appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Lessons from a Life Lost Too Soon: Don't Let Your Inner Critic Destroy You

"What you tell yourself every day will lift you up or tear you down. Choose wisely." ~Unknown

It was a story I just couldn't get out of my head. A young teen had died in a town not far from …

The post Lessons from a Life Lost Too Soon: Don't Let Your Inner Critic Destroy You appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Creating Calm in the Chaos: How I Found My Peace in NYC

"In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you." ~Deepak Chopra

I found my peace in New York City, where I spent a year as a consultant on a temporary work assignment.

It may seem counter-intuitive that …

The post Creating Calm in the Chaos: How I Found My Peace in NYC appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Body Obsession: How My Weight Consumed My Life and Why I'm Done with Dieting

"You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won't discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself." ~Geneen Roth

I've …

The post Body Obsession: How My Weight Consumed My Life and Why I'm Done with Dieting appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Life Is Far Less Painful When We Drop the Story in Our Head

"You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts." ~Philip Arnold

Every meditator knows the dilemma of trying to find that perfectly quiet place to meditate, where silence is the golden rule …

The post Life Is Far Less Painful When We Drop the Story in Our Head appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: