Friday, October 26, 2018

Why your positive attitude might be hurting you (and more)

Oops! today's email went out with last week's subject line. Sorry about that!
 
 
 
You Know What's Best for You, So Stop Giving Your Power Away

"Insight is not a light bulb that goes off inside our heads. It is a flickering candle that can easily be snuffed out." ~Malcolm Gladwell, Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

If there is just one thing I would …

The post You Know What's Best for You, So Stop Giving Your Power Away appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why Your Positive Attitude Might Be Hurting You

"Positivity is a dogmatic insistence on turning away from what is painful." ~Susan Piver, Wisdom of a Broken Heart

What if I told you there may be a flaw in positive thinking?

How could being positive possibly be unhelpful?

To …

The post Why Your Positive Attitude Might Be Hurting You appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How I Learned to Trust Others by Learning to Trust Myself

"You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you don't trust enough." ~Frank Crane

I've had trust issues for as long as I can remember, but didn't realize it until after my …

The post How I Learned to Trust Others by Learning to Trust Myself appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why My Chronic Illness Can't Stop Me from Making a Difference in the World

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light." ~Mary Dunbar

What is one eye-opening experience should everyone have?

I stumbled upon this question a few …

The post Why My Chronic Illness Can't Stop Me from Making a Difference in the World appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

You Have to Feel it to Heal It: The Only Way Out is Through

"Emotional pain cannot kill you, but running from it can. Allow. Embrace. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal." ~Vironika Tugaleva

I plodded up the half-mile hill that led to my house, my backpack weighing heavily on my shoulders in the …

The post You Have to Feel it to Heal It: The Only Way Out is Through appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: