Friday, July 13, 2018

"You're too sensitive" is a lie (and more)

"To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven." –Alan Cohen Are you your own best friend, your own worst critic, or somewhere in between? Do you tend to focus on what you see as … The post A Simple Practice to Help You ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


A Simple Practice to Help You Appreciate How Wonderful You Are

"To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven." –Alan Cohen

Are you your own best friend, your own worst critic, or somewhere in between? Do you tend to focus on what you see as your flaws, mistakes, and imperfections, comparing yourself to others you think are...

Read more... »

     




How Journaling Helped Me Heal from Grief and How It Can Help You Too

"No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear." ~C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed

The day I was told that the man I loved was going to die from cancer, I did two things: I made a pact with myself never to have more than one bottle of wine in the house. I knew the risks of numbing pain and I...

Read more... »

     




"You're Too Sensitive" Is a Lie

"I used to dislike being sensitive. I thought it made me weak. But take away that single trait, and you take away the very essence of who I am. You take away my conscience, my ability to empathize, my intuition, my creativity, my deep appreciation of the little things, my vivid inner life, my...

Read more... »

     




Healing, Forgiving, and Loving After a Near-Death Break Up

"People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. When you figure out which it is, you will know exactly what to do." ~Anonymous

About five years ago, I learned the biggest lesson of my life about self-love and losing oneself in a relationship, through a breakup that almost...

Read more... »

     




Why I Stopped Trying to Fix Myself and How I Healed by Doing Nothing

"Everything in the universe is within you." ~Rumi

When I was twenty-three, I lost my job through chronic illness. I thought my life had ended, and I spent the next few years an anxious, panicky mess—often hysterical. Eventually, I took off to scour the globe for well-being techniques, and...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: