Friday, July 20, 2018

To reduce stress, stop globalizing (and more)

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened." ~Mark Twain Life happens. And sometimes when life happens, we can get pretty stressed out. I've found that the way we view situations can either reduce … The post To Reduce ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


To Reduce Stress, Stop Globalizing and Put Things in Perspective

"I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened." ~Mark Twain

Life happens. And sometimes when life happens, we can get pretty stressed out. I've found that the way we view situations can either reduce our stress or make it worse. Here is just one way we aggravate...

Read more... »

     




Dating from a Place of Self-Love: How Being Yourself Changes Everything

"You must learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." ~Sonja Mylin

It's tough being out there.

I remember myself some years ago embracing the world of online dating. Everyone kept telling me "be yourself" (and I kept telling myself that), but when I was actually on a date,...

Read more... »

     




Why I Got Caught Up in the Drama of an On-and-Off Relationship

"One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up instead of what they have to gain." ~Rick Godwin

Dave and I met earlier this January. I was immediately attracted to his aquamarine eyes and his tattoos. I met him on the eve of my twenty-sixth birthday and,...

Read more... »

     




8 Things I Learned from Watching My Mum Die

"Pain changes your life forever. But so does healing from it." ~Kayil York

In 2012 my mum got diagnosed with cancer. After an operation, she was cancer-free for some time when in March 2017 it was discovered that the cancer had returned and had spread everywhere, notably to her lungs.

...

Read more... »

     




We All Need to Define “Success” for Ourselves

"There's no such thing as what you 'should' be doing with your life." –Lori Deschene

How often have you thought about what success means to you?

If you're anything like my younger self, that would be almost never. It's not that I didn't want to be successful. It's just that it...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: