Friday, July 27, 2018

The most powerful tool for healing (and more)

"Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people." ~Unknown Stepping off the bus I was in shock. This tiny thing? With no doors in the doorways and no glass in the windows? This little place? With walls … The post The Key to ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


The Key to Happiness: Compare Less, Be More

“Happiness is found when you stop comparing yourself to other people.” ~Unknown

Stepping off the bus I was in shock.

This tiny thing? With no doors in the doorways and no glass in the windows?

This little place? With walls that looked like they were lone survivors of war?

I...

Read more... »

     




Accepting People You Dislike as They Are: How It Benefits You and How to Do It

"We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction." ~Aesop, The Eagle and the Arrow

We can sometimes have difficulty accepting our friends, family, and loved ones as they are when their habits, quirks, or behavior annoy us. Our natural tendency is to try to change what we don't like...

Read more... »

     




The Single Most Powerful Tool for Healing: Tell the Right Stories

TRIGGER WARNING: This post deals with an account of sexual abuse and may be triggering to some people.

"Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful parts of ourselves." ~David Richo

In my mid-thirties, I had what I experienced as a breakdown.

If you had asked me ten or...

Read more... »

     




Make the Difference You Want to Make by Expanding Your Network, Mindfully

I used to hate the word "networking." It evoked images of impersonal conversations and awkward business card exchanges, neither of which excite me. More importantly, I defined "networking" as meeting people with an agenda: to use them to further your goals.

But something's shifted for me...

Read more... »

     




There Are a Gazillion Little Ways to Be Kind (and It Benefits You Too)

"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." ~Robert M. Pirsig

One day while grocery shopping I was reaching for a head of lettuce when I heard a shrill, high-pitched wail from a few aisles over. It sent shivers up my spine. It was one of those sounds that...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles





No comments: