Friday, April 20, 2018

Easing a broken heart (and more)

"Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening." ~Lisa M. Hayes For as long as I can remember, I've always had a laser-sharp focus on achieving "success." From the outside, it looks like I'm pretty close … The post ...

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT
Feeling angry, frustrated, resentful, anxious, or down on yourself? Learn how to LET GO of difficult emotions.


How to Tune Out Your Inner Critic and Enjoy More of Your Life

"Be careful how you are talking to yourself because you are listening." ~Lisa M. Hayes

For as long as I can remember, I've always had a laser-sharp focus on achieving "success." From the outside, it looks like I'm pretty close to it, too. But on the inside, I wasn't allowing myself to...

Read more... »

     




The Lost Art of Silence: Get Quiet and You'll Know What You Need to Do

"Silence isn't empty. It's full of answers." ~Unknown

Last week I was visiting the Scandinave, a Scandinavian-style bath spa, with my mom, when it struck me how rare true silence has become. By true silence, I mean silence in the form of not speaking, but also silence in the form of...

Read more... »

     




Loving Yourself Through Addiction and Relapse: Be Patient with the Process

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~Nelson Mandela

It's a cold winter day. As I plunge my hand down into the wax paper bag, I fully expect to find another bite or two. But, alas, there are only crumbs.

A distinct wave of sadness shoots...

Read more... »

     




Easing a Broken Heart: 5 Ways to Reframe Rejection

"When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start to happen." ~Zig Ziglar

The end of a relationship triggers many grief emotions, but when a couple breaks up because one person decides that it's over, there is a very distinct pain: the sting of rejection. It doesn't matter...

Read more... »

     




There's More to Life Than Being Busy: Why I Took a Pressure-Free Pause

"When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another—and ourselves." ~Jack Kornfield

It was a Monday a few weeks ago, 6:00am, and I was taking a morning walk. The only light in sight was the neon yellow glare of the street lamps.

My heart was heavy. It...

Read more... »

     




More Recent Articles



 


No comments: