Friday, June 21, 2019

From the spouse of a narcissist (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on narcissism, childhood wounds, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
From the Spouse of a Narcissist: Here's What You Need to Know

"You can recognize survivors of abuse by their courage. When silence is so very inviting, they step forward and share their truth so others know they aren't alone." ~Jeanne McElvaney, Healing Insights: Effects of Abuse for Adults Abused as

The post From the Spouse of a Narcissist: Here's What You Need to Know appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Unhealed Childhood Wounds Wreak Havoc in Our Adult Lives

"The emotional wounds and negative patterns of childhood often manifest as mental conflicts, emotional drama, and unexplained pains in adulthood." ~Unknown

I am a firm believer in making the unconscious conscious. We cannot influence what we don't know about. We …

The post How Unhealed Childhood Wounds Wreak Havoc in Our Adult Lives appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why Speaking My Truth Is the Cornerstone of My Recovery

"When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn't healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits—anything that kept me small. My judgment called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving." ~Kim McMillen

I like to …

The post Why Speaking My Truth Is the Cornerstone of My Recovery appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How to Listen to Your Body and Give It What It Needs

"And I said to my body softly, 'I want to be your friend.' It took a long breath and replied, 'I've been waiting my whole life for this.'" ~Nayyirah Waheed

For more than half my life, I took care of …

The post How to Listen to Your Body and Give It What It Needs appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why My Grandfather Was Happy Even When He Was Dying

"It's not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean." ~Tony Robbins

Is there anyone in your past that inspired you to become the person you are today? For me, that …

The post Why My Grandfather Was Happy Even When He Was Dying appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: