Friday, February 1, 2019

How to be kinder to yourself (and more)

The week in Tiny Buddha - on negative self-talk, being present, and more
 
 
Free wallpapers and more at the Tiny Buddha store. Browse now!
 
Say Yes to What Excites You and Make This the Year You Really Live

"I imagine that Yes is the only living thing." ~E.E. Cummings

During the fall of 2017 I began openly dating, four years after my separation and divorce of a twenty-plus year relationship. It was scary. And I was clear—I didn't …

The post Say Yes to What Excites You and Make This the Year You Really Live appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Sometimes We Are the Ones Who Need to Change

"Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others, it is the only means." ~Albert Einstein

When I was younger, I had a lot of opinions about what other people needed to change.

"Why can't people conserve …

The post Sometimes We Are the Ones Who Need to Change appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Be Kind, Retrain Your Mind: 3 Tips to Overcome Negative Self-Talk

"You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection." ~Buddha

In 1990, in an early encounter between the Dalai Lama, the foremost Tibetan teacher of Buddhism, and Western students, the Dalia Lama was asked …

The post Be Kind, Retrain Your Mind: 3 Tips to Overcome Negative Self-Talk appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Why I Focus on What I Need Right Now Instead of Obsessing Over the Future

"The next message you need is always right where you are." ~Ram Dass

I want you to go back to New Year's Day 2009 with me for a second. I'd recently left a job and was embarking upon a new …

The post Why I Focus on What I Need Right Now Instead of Obsessing Over the Future appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

How Expressing Myself Helped Me Release Chronic Pain

"Live life as if everything is rigged in your favor." ~ Rumi

It can be frightening to experience physical or mental pain. It's not something anyone wants to deal with; nobody wants to race against the clock hoping that some …

The post How Expressing Myself Helped Me Release Chronic Pain appeared first on Tiny Buddha.

Join over 4 million friends and followers:
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: