Friday, October 16, 2015

7 Vital Choices for Happy Relationships (and More)

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT


7 Vital Choices for Happy Relationships

Happy Couple Jumping

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~Lao Tzu

A little over a decade ago I thought I was going to marry my college sweetheart and become a young bride, which made it all the more devastating when happily ever after didn't...

Read more... »

     




21 Tips to Release Self-Neglect and Love Yourself in Action

Happy Woman

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh

The most important decision of your life, the one that will affect every other decision you make, is the commitment to love and accept yourself. It directly...

Read more... »

     




Our Proudest Accomplishments Are Often the Quiet Ones

Your Success and Happiness Lie in You

"…I kept trying to run away. And I almost did. But it seems that reality compels you to live properly when you live in the real world." ~Kenzaburō Ōe, A Personal Matter

Recently I listened to an interview with author Kenzaburō Ōe, who won the 1994 Nobel Prize for literature. Ōe, who is...

Read more... »

     




5 Fear-Based Decisions that Limit Our Potential

The Sky is the Limit

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself . . ." ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

You've heard that quote more times than you can count.

You've also made fear-based decisions; we all have.

Looking back, you can point to times it has happened and caused you to fall short of what you could have...

Read more... »

     




Overcoming Family Rejection & Finding Strength in Pain

Man Finding Strength

"I don't like being too looked up at or too looked down on. I prefer meeting in the middle to being worshipped or spat out." ~Joni Mitchell

Growing up, there were two sides of the kitchen table. On side A, there was my lieutenant colonel of the US Army, hardcore conservative, Wall Street...

Read more... »

     




We Are Not Our Feelings (and other Lessons on Facing Anxiety and Depression)

Depressed Woman

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." ~Maya Angelou

I've suffered from anxiety and recurrent major depression for more than twenty years. Over that time, I've learned a number of lessons about living life and...

Read more... »

     




5 Priceless Gifts You Deserve to Give Yourself

Gift

"The greatest gift you can give yourself is a little bit of your own attention." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo

The other day, when I was out celebrating a friend's birthday, someone asked about the best gift I'd ever received.

What came to mind was getting my parents' hand-me-down Corolla when I...

Read more... »

     




How to Prioritize, Pursue Goals, and Focus When You Have Many Interests

Focus

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." ~Vincent Price

I can’t stay still.

As a kid, I ran around, misbehaving, climbing everywhere—I was a nightmare for my parents, teachers, and anyone who had to take care of me. One year, my behavior assessment report at school stated:...

Read more... »

     




How to Make Life's Challenges Count for Something Good

No Regrets

"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage." ~Anais Nin

Many people have told me that I am a brave person. Mostly though, I think I just play the cards I'm dealt.

When I was twenty-one years old, I had a stroke. In a single moment, everything I had ever taken for granted about...

Read more... »

     




What It Really Means to Be Happy

Smiling Woman

"Happiness is an inside job. Don't assign anyone else that much power over your life." ~Mandy Hale

Everyone wants to be happy, but not many people contemplate whether or not they really are.

Some of us feel too privileged to not be happy, while others don't want to face the possibility...

Read more... »

     



 
 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: