Friday, September 25, 2015

How Accepting Anxiety Can Lead to Peace (and More)

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME      BLOG      QUOTES      SPONSOR      ABOUT      CONTACT


Why We Can't Be Happy All the Time

Sad Woman

"Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise." ~Ram Dass

Suffering by definition: the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship. As humans we typically strive for what we perceive the opposite of suffering, happiness: the state of being happy. Of course why wouldn't you?...

Read more... »

     




Why Self-Help Might Not Help, and What Will (Interview & Book Giveaway)

the-end-of-self-help

When I first found what looked like a self-help book called The End of Self-Help, I thought it was a tad ironic. And I wondered if perhaps the author was suggesting that self-help is inherently harmful.

As someone who's bounced back from overwhelming adversity using some very powerful self-help...

Read more... »

     




Forget "Should" and Live the Life You Want to Live

Girl Skipping at the Surf

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There was a time when I "had it all."

I was in my tenth year of teaching in a small, rural school. I lived with my husband and daughter in a four-bedroom...

Read more... »

     




The Key to Creating More Joy in Your Work

Love My Job

"Life engenders life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich." ~Sarah Bernhardt                      

Ten years ago, when I first moved to China, I came as an English teacher at a university. I hadn't the faintest clue as to how I would...

Read more... »

     




How Accepting Anxiety Can Lead to Peace

Peaceful Man

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

My unwillingness to accept my anxiety disorder (there, I said it; I have a disorder) results in panic.

It results in waking up at night, heart racing,...

Read more... »

     




Your Biggest Fear Carries Your Greatest Opportunity for Growth

Fear

"Your largest fear carries your greatest growth." ~Unknown

I was twenty when I met him. A naive apprentice of love, I plunged into romance with no fear and I was left speechless.

It was all so new and thrilling, all I had ever dreamed about and more. It's hard to describe how strong our bond...

Read more... »

     




Why Rejection IS Sometimes Personal (but Not About Your Worth)

Rejection

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

It's not about you. It's about them. It's their loss. Don't take it personally. It doesn't mean anything.

Well-intentioned people have told me these things many times to soften the blow of rejection. And I...

Read more... »

     




19 Simple Daily Habits for a Happier Life

Smiling Woman

"Hug harder. Laugh louder. Smile bigger. Love longer." ~Unknown

Did you ever have it all mixed up?

Happiness, I mean. I once thought that a university degree and good grades would make me happy. I thought that traveling the world would leave me feeling fulfilled. I thought that moving abroad...

Read more... »

     



 
 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: