Friday, September 25, 2015

How Accepting Anxiety Can Lead to Peace (and More)

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
HOME   •   BLOG   •   QUOTES   •   SPONSOR   •   ABOUT   •   CONTACT


Why We Can't Be Happy All the Time

Sad Woman

"Suffering is part of our training program for becoming wise." ~Ram Dass

Suffering by definition: the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship. As humans we typically strive for what we perceive the opposite of suffering, happiness: the state of being happy. Of course why wouldn't you?...

Read more... »

     




Why Self-Help Might Not Help, and What Will (Interview & Book Giveaway)

the-end-of-self-help

When I first found what looked like a self-help book called The End of Self-Help, I thought it was a tad ironic. And I wondered if perhaps the author was suggesting that self-help is inherently harmful.

As someone who's bounced back from overwhelming adversity using some very powerful self-help...

Read more... »

     




Forget "Should" and Live the Life You Want to Live

Girl Skipping at the Surf

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

There was a time when I "had it all."

I was in my tenth year of teaching in a small, rural school. I lived with my husband and daughter in a four-bedroom...

Read more... »

     




The Key to Creating More Joy in Your Work

Love My Job

"Life engenders life. Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich." ~Sarah Bernhardt                      

Ten years ago, when I first moved to China, I came as an English teacher at a university. I hadn't the faintest clue as to how I would...

Read more... »

     




How Accepting Anxiety Can Lead to Peace

Peaceful Man

"People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar." ~Thich Nhat Hanh

My unwillingness to accept my anxiety disorder (there, I said it; I have a disorder) results in panic.

It results in waking up at night, heart racing,...

Read more... »

     




Your Biggest Fear Carries Your Greatest Opportunity for Growth

Fear

"Your largest fear carries your greatest growth." ~Unknown

I was twenty when I met him. A naive apprentice of love, I plunged into romance with no fear and I was left speechless.

It was all so new and thrilling, all I had ever dreamed about and more. It's hard to describe how strong our bond...

Read more... »

     




Why Rejection IS Sometimes Personal (but Not About Your Worth)

Rejection

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

It's not about you. It's about them. It's their loss. Don't take it personally. It doesn't mean anything.

Well-intentioned people have told me these things many times to soften the blow of rejection. And I...

Read more... »

     




19 Simple Daily Habits for a Happier Life

Smiling Woman

"Hug harder. Laugh louder. Smile bigger. Love longer." ~Unknown

Did you ever have it all mixed up?

Happiness, I mean. I once thought that a university degree and good grades would make me happy. I thought that traveling the world would leave me feeling fulfilled. I thought that moving abroad...

Read more... »

     



 
 


Email subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz, LLC, 365 Boston Post Rd, Suite 123, Sudbury, MA 01776, USA.

No comments: